Moisture in Water-Resistant USB Charging Port
To avoid electric shock and damage to your KDC, do not charge the KDC while it is wet or in an area where it could get wet. Do not handle the KDC, charger, or cords with wet hands while charging.
Do not insert any object into the charging port. This can result in damage to the charging port.
While it’s important to try to avoid getting moisture in your USB charging port, sometimes these things happen! Try the steps below if you notice your USB charging port is wet to avoid causing damage to the KDC and/or your host device.
KDC270, KDC280, KDC470, and KDC475 will notify you of moisture via API or alert on display and an audible beep.
- Remove the moisture.
Gently shake the KDC to help remove water or moisture from the port. Dy it thoroughly with a dry, soft cloth.
- Wait for moisture to evaporate.
Water will naturally evaporate from the charging port within approximately 1 to 2 hours. If any liquid other than fresh water enters the charging port, you must rinse the phone in fresh water and dry it thoroughly with a dry, soft cloth.
- Use a wireless charger.
Wireless charging is not affected by moisture or foreign materials in the charging port. If your KDC has inductive charging, you can utilize a wireless charging pad to resume power. Make sure to thoroughly dry the phone before placing it on the wireless charger.
If the instructions above do not work, please call KOAMTAC support at +1.609.256.4700 for assistance.